FANDOM


    • Chakrasandwich
      Chakrasandwich removed this reply because:
      profanity
      01:43, September 5, 2013
      This reply has been removed
    • There isn't a part 2 of spirited away. And sorry, but miyazaki told that there will not be. I'm really sad about that.. But if you really want a better end, you can always read fanfictions. Cause there are a looot people out there who wants the same as you; A part 2 of the spirited away movie, where Haku and Chihiro finally will be together.. C; 

      Try Fanfiction.net there are a few good hakuxchihiro fanfictions there (:

        Loading editor
    • I have done doing it last 2007 and i have already have many readers..... but thanks

        Loading editor
    • Hello, yes. They met, in the end :) . Uhm, there's a 30 seconds clip right after the credit and it's only available in the original DVD :). It says that "Chihiro's new classmate + neighbor will be Haku"! Source: internet :).

        Loading editor
    • 220.255.2.48 wrote:
      Hello, yes. They met, in the end :) . Uhm, there's a 30 seconds clip right after the credit and it's only available in the original DVD :). It says that "Chihiro's new classmate + neighbor will be Haku"! Source: internet :).

      Is the original DVD that has that 30 seconds clip only in Japanese? Because that would be the "original" movie's DVD, before Disney turned the movie into English and made a DVD of that version. Or is the clip also on the original English DVD?

      And what exact website did you find this info on?

        Loading editor
    • 178.84.193.136 wrote:
      There isn't a part 2 of spirited away. And sorry, but miyazaki told that there will not be. I'm really sad about that...

      Why does Miyazaki never create sequels to his movies? I understand that sequels of kid/teenage movies, like Disney's Lion King 2, aren't always good, but he couldn't even try? So many fans, both Japanese and English, want a sequel to this, especially after Haku's promise to meet Chihiro again. Everyone knows there won't be a sequel (or at least at the moment), but which website did you find this exact information?

      Do you think there is a possibility, now that Miyazaki has retired and his son is taking over Studio Ghibli, that his son will think about creating sequels?

        Loading editor
    • A lot of Miyazaki's movies need sequels. I don't think he thought about it so he thinks his movies are perfect with no cllif hangers but there are a ton of his movies with cliffhangers. Howl's moving castle for one. This movie for two. I'm sure others can name off more why can't he give us a satasfing ending after he leads us up to loving these characters and how they have a good back story and all he's got everything so many movies and tv shows and video games miss... He's just missing one thing. THE FREAKEN ENDING! All of the ending give the viewers the feeling theres going to be another that theres more to them but theres not. He would be my absolute most favorite anime artist ever if he would just cap his movies off with a good ending that doesn't raise fifty more questions that he would feel as spoilers to answer.

        Loading editor
    • 220.255.2.48 wrote:
      Hello, yes. They met, in the end :) . Uhm, there's a 30 seconds clip right after the credit and it's only available in the original DVD :). It says that "Chihiro's new classmate + neighbor will be Haku"! Source: internet :).

      What is the link to this page? Could you see it on youtube?

        Loading editor

    • "I just dug this one year old question out. LOL. Yes, they'll meet! And, Haku will be Chihiro's new neighbor + classmate! The answer is proved by a 30 second clip right after the credit inside the Original DVD of the movie. I wanted to watch the clip too but however, it's a 12 years old movie and the ORIGINAL DVD's hard to get now but the legend says .. the 30 second clip now locates at a animation museum in Tokyo.."

      On the fanpop website (http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/spirited-away/answers/show/148516/will-haku-chihiro-meet-again)

      I highly doubt it's true through, not Miyazaki's style. I call trolling yo.

        Loading editor
    • Omg, hhahaha. I'm from Serbia and I watched this movie like million times, haha. I wish there's part 2 of Spirited Away. And that 30 second video isn't allowed, idk why. I cry every time on the end of the movie haha:D

      I have that movie on my launguage, and I watch it every 2nd day:D

      Sorry for bad English, I'm from Serbia:)

      1. ShippingHahiro

      P.S. If somebody finds anything about the 'happy ending' of Spirited away, when Haku and Chihiro meet again, please tell me. Don't let me wait and cry all day long.:)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I want more about the "happy ending", too. Tell us! If anyone has actually seen it, please give us all the information you can remember about it.

      If you can, try putting it on youtube. Thank you!!!

        Loading editor
    • file://localhost/Users//Desktop/1825400_1312208961391.72res_500_474.jpg

        Loading editor
    • Can't get this webpage to open up.

        Loading editor
    • Why can't I get it to open up? I copy and paste it, but it just won't!

        Loading editor
    • If you're wondering why this: file://localhost/Users//Desktop/1825400_1312208961391.72res_500_474.jpg won't open up is because it's a picture, not a website :)

        Loading editor
    • Then how do I get to see it? Not that good at all computer stuff.

        Loading editor
    • Is it true that there IS a happy end after the movie? Because I can't find it anywhere and nobody seems to say anything about it. I don't think it's true anyway :/

        Loading editor
    • It's 2 am i've been trying to hunt down that 30 second clip..I NEED CLOSURE!

        Loading editor
    • According to Haku, Haku promised that he and Chihiro would meet again. However, when Chihiro entered back into the tunnel where the family car was, Chihiro forgot all about the mystical spirit world. It's very unlikely that there will be a sequel, but I think of this as a happy ending, considering Haku would meet Chihiro again.

        Loading editor
    • 173.19.245.210 wrote:
      According to Haku, Haku promised that he and Chihiro would meet again. However, when Chihiro entered back into the tunnel where the family car was, Chihiro forgot all about the mystical spirit world. It's very unlikely that there will be a sequel, but I think of this as a happy ending, considering Haku would meet Chihiro again.


      That's not true.

      Zeniba's hair tie lets her keep her memory of the Spirit world.

      That's why she looked back during the end of the movie, she remembered Haku telling her to not look back UNTIL she leaves the tunnel.

        Loading editor
    • Disney added a dialogue between Chihiro and her dad in the end of the English version ("I think I can handle it") making it different from the original Japanese version since through this simple line, the audience can easily conclude that Chihiro DID NOT lose her memories of the Spirit World.

      I am a new fan of Spirited Away 'cause I was only 3 when the movie was released. I love the Chihiro x Haku pairing so much. DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL DVD? I NEED WITNESSES OF THE LEGENDARY 30 SECOND CLIP IN THE END CREDITS! Don't let me die of depression and desperation...

        Loading editor
    • 67.77.72.149 wrote: It's 2 am i've been trying to hunt down that 30 second clip..I NEED CLOSURE!

      Me too. I will travel to Japan to find it if I have to.

        Loading editor
    • To the lucky person who has the copy of the 30 second clip, HAVE MERCY! UPLOAD IT IN YOUTUBE PLEASE!!!!!!!

        Loading editor
    • 112.198.77.169 wrote:
      To the lucky person who has the copy of the 30 second clip, HAVE MERCY! UPLOAD IT IN YOUTUBE PLEASE!!!!!!!

      YES!!! PLEASE DO THIS!!! WE FANS NEED THE 30 SECOND CLIP!!! PLEASE!!!

        Loading editor
    • He did make a sequel to a couple of movies. My Neighbor Tortoro has a sequel called Mei and the cat bus. Also there is the Prequel to the 'Cat Returns'.

        Loading editor
    • if you can get a original vid of spirited away that will have the 30 second clip

        Loading editor
    • I think there IS a 30 second clip on youtube, although I think I watched it when i was 11 or 12. Maybe the clip is still there that's why i am trying to find it now, SO BADLY!!

        Loading editor
    • I remembered it. Chihiro was reminiscing inside her new room from when she went to the spirit world and all the happenings she encountered there, i guess? Then suddenly haku enters her window, wanting to see her. Then i guess chihiro was surprised by the sudden news about haku being her neighbor and classmate. There... a happy renuion. I just gathered my memories back then and managed to remember it. Im still finding though the video from youtube but i guess it's already deleted by the owner.... awww what a bummer. I really hope he/she could make it last long on youtube. Awww this is so sad to say. Guess we'll have to buy the original copy , maybe in JAPAN! My country's close to japan, but i'm still young to travel. Maybe i'll ask my japanese uncle there to buy me one. Just to watch a 30 second clip, what a waste of money....

        Loading editor
    • I'm doubtful of this 30 second clip thing. I asked my friend in Japan and she saids that she's never heard of anything about it. But she did mention that in Japan there are a lot of similar rumours, such as a scene where Haku got chopped up by Yubaba after Chihiro left, but they are rumours after all. If some of you definitely have seen a clip like that, think the possibility of it being fanmade is high. Also, this is just a personal opinion, but "Chihiro's new classmate + neighbor will be Haku" sounds like the most typical anime scenario, it's really, really un-Ghibli-like and even less Miyazaki-like.

      Besides, for such a hugely successful film to have an epilogue like this, wouldn't you think that even if only very few have seen it, everybody would at least know about this? So far I cannot find any solid evidence of it being real apart from people spreading rumours. Plus, it seems like this rumour only exists in the English-speaking part of the fandom, nobody in Japan seems to talk about it at all.

        Loading editor
    • Norinia wrote:
      A lot of Miyazaki's movies need sequels. I don't think he thought about it so he thinks his movies are perfect with no cllif hangers but there are a ton of his movies with cliffhangers. Howl's moving castle for one. This movie for two. I'm sure others can name off more why can't he give us a satasfing ending after he leads us up to loving these characters and how they have a good back story and all he's got everything so many movies and tv shows and video games miss... He's just missing one thing. THE FREAKEN ENDING! All of the ending give the viewers the feeling theres going to be another that theres more to them but theres not. He would be my absolute most favorite anime artist ever if he would just cap his movies off with a good ending that doesn't raise fifty more questions that he would feel as spoilers to answer.


      As an amateur writer, I dare say that endings are surely one of the most significant parts of a story. While I do agree that it would be lovely for Haku and Chihiro to meet again, I find much more beauty in his ending where it becomes a question of whether they get to meet again or not. I mean, sometimes endings where every single detail is spelled out for the reader just aren't good, even if it seems more "satisfying". Questions and suspensions are beautiful in my subjective opinion, because then there's also more room for us to imagine how they meet again, if they do. :)

        Loading editor
    • I'm certain that I can say this on behalf of all Spirited Away viewers... But let's first all agree on something here, we LOVE & LONG to see a Spirited Away 2. ALL OF US. Maybe it's the feeling of seeing Chihiro and Kohaku back together or the nostalgic excitement of experiencing the Spirit Realm once more or even just seeing Miyazaki produce another masterpiece! Whatever the reason might be, there is, no question, a strong desire for a sequel.

      But take a step back. Collect your thoughts. Be realistic and reasonable. There is no "true" reason for a sequel. Spirited Away left no loose ends untied, no threads unneedled and no hole unfilled. There is simply no logical reason for Miyazaki to produce a sequel. Unfortunately only to add to this disappoinment is the fact Miyazaki holds a strong belief that sequels can never be on the same level as the original work. This is evidently reflected through all his films as he has never created a sequel before and most likely never will.

      Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bring anyone down here. I, myself aswell, have waited endlessly just to see a Spirited Away 2. There is no confirmation over the past decade that there will never be a sequel, but as the years go by it has only hinted that there probably be no sequel. There is the fact that at the ending of Spirited Away, Kohaku whispers to Chihiro that they WILL meet again. Maybe in the sequel Chihiro winds up back into the Spirit Realm to face some kind of new problem that Kohaku and her has to solve. Who knows? The ending in general has left a door just slightly opened enough to see a Spirited Away 2. So maybe each night we sleep is another sleep closer to an announcement of a truly long-waited wish: Spirited Away 2.

      P.S: Spirited Away is no doubt a classic masterpiece created by an animation master of his time and all time, Hayao Miyazaki. Spirited Away was the first film I saw of his works and has lead me to visit his other creations as well. Through watching his animes I've developed a profound love for anime. I still remember watching it when I was very small (maybe 8?) and it was the very first time a movie had made me cry (never will forget that). I've watched nearly all of his anime films but somehow Spirited Away always draws me back into watching it once more. It's been a good journey, the film made me smile, laugh and cry. Anything that can accomplish that will hold a truly special place in both my heart and memories and I shall never forget it. Thank you Miyazaki for sharing your amazing talent with this world.

        Loading editor
    • A Lie, there's no 30 seconds clip nor has Miyazaki mentioned anything about that. I had the original DVD, so if you claimed to have seen it, prove it!!

        Loading editor
    • fanfiction.net has some great fics that continue their story -- especially The Spirit Never Forgets by Kalipeda. Prob my favorite <3

        Loading editor
    • This movie's a decade and a half year old :D. And i just recently watched it(how dare me) and now I can't get over it. 

      There's a lot of great writers in FANFICTION.net (thank you to them especially the RETURN TO THE SPIRIT WORLD by moviefan-92) yet the one coming from Hayao Mizayaki is a different thing.

      The ending of Spirited Away left me hanging ang longing for an answer, and 30 mins clip is not enough(if there's really like that) :D sorry! It should be another full movie.

      The movie might be a million in the making but for sure their income will be triple if they released the part 2 :(

      Be positive guys, they might be thinking of a sequel :D. Who knows! 

      I will forever love HAKU and CHIHIRO!

        Loading editor
    • Asheechiroku
      Asheechiroku removed this reply because:
      double posting
      14:50, January 25, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Asheechiroku wrote: This movie's a decade and a half year old :D. And i just recently watched it(how dare me) and now I can't get over it. 

      There's a lot of great writers in FANFICTION.net (thank you

      The ending of Spirited Away left me hanging ang longing for an answer, and 30 mins clip is not enough(if there's really like that) :D sorry! It should be another full movie.

      The movie might be a million in the making but for sure their income will be triple if they released the part 2 :(

      Be positive guys, they might be thinking of a sequel :D. Who knows! 

      I will forever love HAKU and CHIHIRO!

      So to that, it's 30 sec not mins hahah

        Loading editor
    • I'ved watch this more than I can count now. yet I still love this. I actually watched the Japanese version then find out what the exact translation each word means in english just to see the difference and what Mr. Miyazaki really wrote as the characters dialogues

      As much as I want a sequel like everyone else here :( I know there will not be one

      And it's okay ^_^ cause counting the years since this movie has been released I think everyone whose ever watched this already imagined their own versions of the sequel or how Chihiro and haku would meet agin. I know I have. And probably a lot of us have read a fanfiction story or two. . .

      So. . . if ever someone creates a sequel to Spirited Away it wouldn't be the same anymore... LITERALLY! the drawings, animation. . . everything will be different because of the technology and other new trends now, they will say it's an improvement but it just takes away the essence of the film we all love. 

      D So I'm happy with just one movie (the original one) and I love it no matter how many times I watch it ^_^

      If anyone's wondering, or curious. . . I read the fanfiction entitled 'Spirited Away 2: Return to the Spirit World' I haven't read anything else other than that cause I love how the author managed to continue the story of my beloved characters and how I managed to picture all that is happening in my mind ^_^ so I guess, I think. . . that reading a different story will make it a bit of a downer to me hehe

        Loading editor
    • I think this is the video someone above commented that he/she remembered...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s2OY2wzS_o

      clearly edited though. . . what a downer...

        Loading editor
    • that video that "A Fandom user" linked is now taken down because of Studio Ghibli, so I'm assuming it probably was not edited or if it was, the creator did not do a good enough job of changing it enough.  I guess we will never know.

      If anyone does have the original, please keep posting it so more fans can see it.  I've been searching for years for it and have not found anything :(

      However, I found a video that I absolutely adore and for any other fans, you will love it.  However, it is again a teaser because THE CREATOR DID NOT MAKE A PART 2 YET AND I'M VERY UPSET but that's beside the point.  I think he/she has plans to if we comment enough and like enough.

      Enjoy (:

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyj9_DjU6Xc

        Loading editor
    • Chihiro and Haku forever! ❤️❤️❤️

        Loading editor
    • I think this is the video metnioned above 

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFLtGsammyM

      Even if it is edited... please save this to your computer as it seems to be extrmley rare.

        Loading editor
    • Thank you.

        Loading editor
    • 151.227.8.252 wrote: I think this is the video metnioned above 

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFLtGsammyM

      Even if it is edited... please save this to your computer as it seems to be extrmley rare.

      Saved it as a liked video. Even though it seems like the background of certain scenes was from other cartoons, it was still beautiful.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.